U of T students, faculty, and staff can search for and submit requests electronically for material not held by the U of T Libraries using the UTL Catalogue or LibrarySearch. Research Readers (excluding Direct Borrowers), and Alumni Readers are eligible to submit requests, but charges could apply (please see below).
Requesting an Interlibrary Loan
- Open LibrarySearch and sign in to your account.
- For the items that you cannot find in the UTL Catalogue, select Interlibrary Loan Request located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Fill out the form for a loan or copy and under Pickup Location, choose U of T Mississauga Library.
- Add any comments to your request, if needed.
- Select Send Request. Repeat for each request.
- You will receive an email when your requested items are ready for pickup.
Canceling your request
To cancel your ILL request:
- Sign in to your LibrarySearch account.
- Select your name in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the My Requests section of your account.
- Select Cancel next to your requested item.
Please note the following details regarding ILL requests:
- The UTM Library receives items from other libraries on a twice-weekly basis; please allow sufficient time for your request to arrive at the Library.
- Your request may take longer to process if materials are not on the shelf at the lending library.
- Please allow two hours after receiving your confirmation email for Library staff to process the delivery.
The length of time from request to delivery depends on where the material is coming from, and how readily available it is.
Articles that can be delivered electronically are normally available within 1 or 2 days, while books or other items that need to be mailed can take weeks.
Notification and pickup
You will be notified by e-mail when requested material has been received. Materials are to be collected from Information & Loans in the UTM Library. Articles will be sent to your desktop via Article Exchange. Please ensure that the library has your U of T e-mail.
- ILL materials must be returned to the Information & Loans Desk at the UTM Library; please do not remove any paper affixed to the item.
Charges and payment for Interlibrary Loan materials
- Charges for U.S. and International requests could be passed on to Research Readers, and Alumni Readers.
- Please check with the Resource Sharing Department in the UTM Library for specifics at 905-828-3881.
- Payment for ILL services can be made by credit or debit at the Information & Loans Desk when picking up material. ILL fees may also be charged to your budget account and/or research grant.
- Patrons are responsible for all charges once an item has been requested. Failure to return books on time may result in the imposition of fines and/or the suspension of borrowing privileges. Damaged or lost Interlibrary Loan material will result in charges set by the lending library.
- For any questions regarding InterCampus Delivery (ICD) and InterLibrary Loan (ILL), please contact the UTM Resource Sharing Department at 905-828-3881 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please see the Library FAQ for additional information.