U of T students, faculty, and staff can search for and submit requests electronically for material not held by the U of T Libraries using RACER.
- first-time users must register
- log in to RACER: http://racer.scholarsportal.info/
- login is the 14 or 16 digits of your U of T Library card barcode
- password is PIN (last four digits of student/personnel ID)
- your library is Toronto
- edit your Profile (first time only) to select the catalogues you wish to search
- click on Standard Search or Advanced Search (left side bar) to find te item you want and follow on-screen instructions to submit a request
- if you cannot find the item you want:
- click on Blank Request Form (left side bar)
- select Journal Article, Book or Other in Item Type to start entering required information
- submit your request
The length of time from request to delivery depends on where the material is coming from, and how readily available it is.
Articles that can be delivered electronically are normally available within 1 or 2 days, while books or other items that need to be mailed can take weeks.
Notification and Pickup
You will be notified by e-mail or telephone when requested material has been received. Materials are to be collected from Information & Loans in the UTM Library. Articles will be sent to your desktop via Article Exchange. Please ensure that the library has your U of T e-mail.
Canceling an Interlibrary Loan request
You can cancel your request by logging into RACER and searching for the item in "My Requests."
Charges and Payment for Interlibrary Loan Material
Within Canada, book loans from other Canadian universities are free. There is a minimum charge of $5.00 for copied articles.
Please check with the Resource Sharing Department in the UTM Library for specifics at 905-828-3881.
Payment for ILL services can be made by credit or debit at the Information & Loans Desk when picking up material. ILL fees may also be charged to your budget account and/or research grant.
Patrons are responsible for all charges once an item has been requested. Failure to return books on time may result in the imposition of fines and/or the suspension of borrowing privileges. Damaged or lost Interlibrary Loan material will result in charges set by the lending library.
For any questions regarding InterCampus Delivery (ICD) and InterLibrary Loan (ILL), please contact the UTM Resource Sharing Department at 905-828-3881 or email@example.com.