Your Account: Your TCard (Library Card)
Borrowing: Course Reserves (Temporarily Unavailable) | Loan Periods | Library Materials Pickup | Alumni and Visitors
Returning: Returning Materials | Overdue Fines | Fines Appeal Process | Lost Materials
Curbside Pickup Service
This service is currently suspended until further notice. Please monitor COVID-19: Service and Operations Updates at UTM Library for the most up-to-date information.
Your TCard is your library card. TCards are issued by the TCard Office located at the Information & Instructional Technology Services Help Desk, Lower Level, CCT Atrium, CCT 0160A. Contact the TCard Office at 905-828-5344 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
If your TCard is lost, please report it immediately to the Information and Loans desk, where your borrowing account will be temporarily blocked until a replacement card is issued by the TCard Office.
Course readings may include print and online resources. Textbooks and other printed materials on reserve can be accessed from the Information and Loans desk located on the main floor of the library. To find your course reserve material, simply follow these instructions.
- From the Library's home page select the Course Reserves icon.
- Search for your course code, and add "utm" at the end (ex: eco100utm). Click the Course Code button. If prompted, select the instructor's name or textbook link to find your reserve item.
- Locate your course reserve item, and click Details. If your item is checked out, the date/time due back will be shown under Location.
- Write down the call number for your reserve item, for example: HB171.5.P26 2003.
- Bring the call number to the Information & Loans desk.
Loan periods for Course Reserves materials vary from 2hrs to 72hrs. Make sure to check return time as the late fines are calculated at 50 cents per hour.
Most items checked out within 2 hours of closing can be kept overnight until 30 minutes after opening the following day.
Returning Reserves Materials
Reserves materials must be returned to the internal Reserves drop box beside the elevators, or directly to the Information & Loans Desk. When the Library is closed Reserve materials can be returned to the external drop box at the front entrance to the Library.
The length of the loan period varies with the status of the borrower and the type of material:
Length of Loan Periods
The following table lists the loan period for different kinds of materials for each user group. Loan periods after a plus sign (+) indicate how long the material may be renewed; if none is listed, that item cannot be renewed.
|Books||Journals||Videos & DVDs|
|Undergraduate students||14 days + 70 days||1 day||3 days + 3 days|
|Graduate students||90 days + 270 days||2 days||3 days + 3 days|
|Faculty||90 days + 270 days||2 days||3 days + 3 days|
|Staff||90 days + 270 days||2 days||3 days + 3 days|
Loan privileges may vary at some UofT libraries. Please check with individual libraries for more information.
When requested by another borrower, all loans are subject to recall after two weeks. Recalled material which is not returned within 2 days will be fined at the rate of $2.00 per day.
Stacks material - 50 cents per day
Short term reserve material - 50 cents per hour, including when the library is closed
Laptops - $15 per hour or part of an hour
Method of Payment
In person - debit or credit
By phone - credit (905-828-5236)
Secure online payment
Direct questions concerning the University of Toronto Mississauga Library fines or other charges to the Information and Loans desk.
Users who still wish to dispute their library fines will be asked to submit an application to the Information and Loans desk, which will be reviewed by the Fines Appeal Committee. Copies of this application are available at the Information and Loans desk and online.
The following are NOT eligible for appeal:
• fines for material which does not belong to University of Toronto Mississauga Library
• lack of awareness of library policies
• forgetting the due date
• lost TCard or card lent to another patron
• not renewing on time
• failure to receive a courtesy overdue notice
• inability to renew online
• fines resulting from borrowing books for other patron
• material picked up /returned for or by another patron
• user cannot afford the fine
• fines which are five years or older
• previously appealed fines
• previously paid fines *
* If fines exceed $24.99 ($9.99 for external users) at the time of appeal, the patron can choose to pay part of fine to allow access to material and still submit an appeal for the entire amount without penalty.
The Fines Appeal Committee meets on first and third Thursday of each month. Appeals must be submitted by the end of Monday preceding the meeting.
Once a decision is made, the user will be notified by email within 7 days.
The Committee comprises four library staff selected from various units and one student representative.
Effective September 1, 2019 the replacement fees for material held by University of Toronto Libraries are:
Replacement Fees for Lost or Damaged Library Materials
|Lost Book Replacement||$145.00|
|Lost Bound Journal Volume||$245.00|
|Lost Media Replacement||$145.00|
|Lost Unbound Journal||$75.00|
|Damaged Book or Journal||$45.00|
|Lost or Damaged Laptop||$2025.00|
|Lost or Damaged Financial Calculators||$75.00|
|Lost or Damaged Scientific Calculators||$50.00|
|Lost or Damaged White Board Sets||$40.00|
|Lost or Damaged Headphones||$75.00|
|Lost or Damaged Computer Charger||$125.00|
|Lost or Damaged Phone Charger||$75.00|
|Lost or Damaged Mouse-Dell||$50.00|
|Lost or Damaged HDMI Cable||$35.00|
|Lost or Damaged External DVD Drive||$75.00|
|Lost or Damaged Garmin GPS||$375.00|
If you require someone to pick up materials from the library for you, you'll need to fill out a Library Material Access Waiver. Once that waiver has been filled out, we will allow anyone with your TCard to pick up materials for you.
You can download the Library Material Access Waiver, or pick it up from the Information & Loans desk on the main floor of the library.
UTM Reserve Materials
Reserve materials must be returned to the internal Reserves drop box beside the elevators, or directly to the Information & Loans Desk. When the Library is closed Reserve materials can be returned to the external drop box at the front entrance to the Library.
Other UTM Library Materials
UTM Library materials can be returned to the internal drop box beside the elevators on the main floor of the Library or the external drop box at the front entrance.
Other University of Toronto Libraries Materials
- Books belonging to other University of Toronto Libraries may also be returned to the U of T Mississauga Library.
- Short Term Loan materials borrowed from other U of T libraries must be returned DIRECTLY to the library from which they were obtained.