- NEW - Outer Circle Recording Studio (opens a new page)
- TechSmith SnagIt
- Zoom (opens a new page)
- Add Captions to Your Videos (opens a new page)
- Additional Resources
Want to record video or audio from your desktop? TechSmith Snagit provides basic recording and editing functionality and is available to the U. of T. community.
Below is a short video that contains information on how to create a video using TechSmith SnagIt.
Recordings can be created, stored and delivered using MyMedia, which is the U. of T. Libraries' streaming delivery and storage solution and is available to all U. of T. faculty, students and staff.
Zoom is licensed at UTM and can be used for virtual office hours, online classes and group work.
For more detailed information on using Zoom, there are also additional resources for instructors provided by UTM I&ITS:
Zoom Index of Knowledge Base articles (requires UTORid and password):
As well, should additional assistance be required regarding Zoom, UTM I&ITS can help and I have provided their contact information below.
UTM I&ITS (Contact Us):
They are available for remote support
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday – Sunday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
In addition, there is information on Zoom at the link below.
Below is a link containing instructions for students using Zoom.
Note: It is not recommended to show videos during an online session. Instead, you can provide students with a link in the chat window to view a short video during the lecture. Or, preferably, provide students with a link so they can view the video before or after the lecture.
UTM Classroom Technology Support
- Classroom Technology page for:
- General audio/video support
- Special audio/video events, such as conferences, seminars, workshops, etc.
- Webcasting page to request support for
- Lecture capture
- Live webcasts
- Job talks
- Event room overflow
- Support requests related to the above types of activities
- Video Conferencing page for:
- Video conferencing - Set up synchronous meetings with colleagues and others
- Web conferencing
- Google Hangouts
CTSI / U. of T. guidelines
Audio / Video Recording of Lectures and Class Sessions:
Sample statements for course outlines: